Tuesday 15 September 2020

THE POET'S DEATH

If you weigh yourself against my ink,
                             you would still not weigh more,
your soul would, though,
                             full of grief and torment, 
                             silently held!

Is Death more poetic than a poet?
                               Always painful or quick:
                               binary like a man's mind?
I can compose lies and make them truth,
                               make them epics...
                               you shall cry
                               for wars which never prevailed,
                               and yet, learn lessons
                               of choices and Death,
                               real, co-existing, true!

I cannot wait for another day!
                                time is a lie
                                like a flirting poet,
                                always better at youth,
                                unpleasant when old!                            
Time to leave my ink behind!
                                I take my soul
                                to prove how poetic I am!
                                Does the world on that side prevail?
                                Are there rebellion poets?
                                Are there poetry fests?
                                I love the pancakes!

Will Death listen to my sonnets?
            Ah! Wait! 
                    He is binary, isn't it?
                            Why does it sound poetic to me? Ugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment