Sunday 5 July 2020

TINY, ABSURD THINGS

[You got to read the entire post to conclude.]

I am a contented man. All my life, I have learnt to stay satisfied with everything I have. I am like the Master Shifu of KungFu Panda. I do not envy others, and that's why I consider the act of judging others' achievements too demeaning. In fact, people who are quite nosy in others' stuffs are the ones who do not attain peace in their entire lives!
Having said that, can anyone tell me why the Sharmas are spending excessively on painting their roof? I did ask Gamblu, their watchman, while the Sharmas were out for groceries, but he did not utter a word, despite my promise of offering a pack of Shillong tobacco. How stubborn people are! How ignorant, perhaps! Well, never mind! I will ask Compounder Brajen about it. He is a man of genuine knowledge of everything (except his work: last time, he injected distilled water into Mrs. Shambhu for curing her fear of tetanus). However, that does not matter, of course. I am going to discuss nothing technical with him! See, you need to treat everyone equally and must not be judgmental in any sense. One thing which I must mention is that Compounder Brajen is probably a miser, because he spends little on his scooter. I am, however, not much sure of it, and it is only an intuition.
Being a contented human being, I have never bargained with the shopkeepers at the cloth-shops. I usually have my wife doing that, and I am contented with the art she possesses. Now, not being judgmental and praising your wife at the same time is a difficult task, and I believe, not all men can pull off such an extraordinary feat. Only contented men like me (every husband shall agree) have the ability to survive such difficult times with a peace of mind...just like forever meditating ninjas! Wait...not forever...now-and-then meditating ninjas!
The art of maintaining social relationships without fuss requires high emotional quotient. Looking into the reputation I hold in my society of being a gentle individual (ignore the 3 fights with the Sharmas, 2 violent conflicts with the Kalitas and 5 rants with the grocery guy, Harish), I must be declared a personality of social peace. That is what contentment is!
It is truly disgusting to watch parents not teaching their kids their mother tongues. I have never stopped my kids from learning their mother tongue. It is a different thing that I have not told them anything about learning it. But, if you cannot cause a good thing happening, you must not stop it. That is the lesson of life I have acquired. I gave them opportunities to learn the language from the television channels and the compulsory school textbooks. Unfortunately, they are not in favor of watching those channels and have scored in 40s (/100) in those subjects. See, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. I did drag the horses to the lakeside, but I cannot contribute to their drinking from the lake of mother-tongue knowledge unless they wish to. Anyway, I am paying for the channels and their tuition!
See, I have high regards for writers. I often scribble creative things in my leisure. For example, you will be surprised to know that I am credited for inventing the way of writing shorthand for monthly grocery list. This way, the people around me do not get any clue of what I am buying for the month. (Sometimes, I also cannot figure out. I have to call my wife then. But that is the level of intelligent non-AI encryption, you see.) Another advantage is that you can use minimum space of paper. I am a follower of the Save Trees Campaign. But, recently, my son showed me that I can save more by typing on my mobile phone. However, I am a follower of No Foreign Technology Campaign and I cannot violate that. A twig of a tree is better than funding foreign agencies.
Anyway, if I go on, you will not be able to accommodate the goodness I have in me. What if you start envying me? And I love short pieces of writing, as I have already told. Although I love writers, I hate those who put up large posts on social media, dragging on old folk tales and clubbing them with historical stuffs/ bluffs. I am a follower of Superb Fans of Dan Brown social media page, though!


No comments:

Post a Comment